This is an interior water-based paint with unusual silk effects and extraordinarily beautiful luminescent reflections. VALSETIN is a high-quality product because it is beautiful, washable and is not stained by food, wine, soft drinks or coffee. It is also resistant to olive oil, provided that the surfaces are washed within 2 hours of the spillage using ordinary soap and water. The product may be painted over with any water-based paint without having to be removed first. VALSETIN can be applied to many types of surface, for example cement, plaster, plaster of Paris, plasterboard and wood, after a suitable treatment has been applied.
To obtain the first 60 colours in the catalogue, simply mix VALSETIN with the appropriate quantity of COLORI' colouring paste as described under each example. COLORI' paste comes in 80 ML applicators (which are accurately marked from 1 ML to 80 ML.) and this makes it easier to add the correct amount of paste in order to obtain the desired result. For the remaining 9 colours in the catalogue (from Col. 501 to Col. 509), VALSETIN comes pre-coloured and PRIMER 200 should be used in conjunction with the product.
1) VALSETIN may be directly applied onto walls with an existing coat of washable paint or similar products, provided that the paint is solid, smooth, is not peeling and may be painted over with products that have a high resin content. Apply two coats of VALSETIN as a base, leaving two hours in between coats at a constant temperature of 20°C, using a short wool roller, a brush or a spraying machine. During the final stage of roller or paintbrush application, apply VALSETIN in one direction only, i.e. without changing the direction of the brushstrokes or roller-strokes. Apply the product using a wet-on-wet method, especially near joins so as to prevent them from remaining visible once the work has been completed. When implementing spray application techniques, on the other hand, use a nozzle measuring approximately 1.7 - 2, at a pressure of 4 - 6 atmosphere, so that the VALSETIN is applied more rapidly without visible stains or joins, and so that optimal product performance is achieved. Approximately 4 hours after the second base coat has been applied and left at a constant temperature of 20°C, continue with the VALSETIN application cycle. Apply a layer of VALSETIN that is approximately 1 mm thick in the same colour as the base coats using a brush or a short wool roller. After applying VALSETIN on an uneven surface area of approximately 2 to 3 square metres, while the product is still wet, touch up the paint using one of the techniques listed below in order to obtain the desired effect.
2) Silk Effect using a Spatula: With the PV 77 plastic Spatula, while the VALSETIN is still wet, make cross-shaped strokes with the spatula in all directions while constantly increasing the pressure, holding the flattened spatula in a way that means you are using the smooth part most of the time (as opposed to the cutting part), in order to obtain the final effect shown on page 2 of this catalogue.
3) Eastern Silk Effect: With the PV 84 Spatula, exert a light pressure on the surface coated with VALSETIN and use continuous circular movements in a clockwise direction (never linear movements) until the final aesthetic effect shown on page 2 of this catalogue is achieved. To decorate corners and areas that are difficult to reach in this manner, the PV 85 Spatula may be used.
4) Blade Silk Effect: Still using the PV 84, lightly flattened against the wall, apply longer, irregular strokes from top to bottom and vice-versa in order to obtain the final effect as shown on page 2 of this catalogue. To decorate corners and areas that are difficult to reach in this manner, the PV 85 spatula may be used.
5) Veined Silk Effect: Use the Rubber PV 86 spatula to make ripples along the wall or within the area to be decorated, in order to obtain the aesthetic effect shown on page 4 of the catalogue.
6) Wallpaper Silk Effect: Add 0,100 LT. of SETOMAT to 1 LT. of VALSETIN (which should be the same colour as the previous coats), and 0,400 LT. of SETOMAT to 4 LT. of VALSETIN. Apply the mixture of VALSETIN and SETOMAT to a smooth plastic surface (approximately 25 X 25 cm) using a brush or a roller. Use the PV 33 or PV 34 stamp to decorate the VALSETIN and SETOMAT mixture that has been deposited on the plastic surface and then apply the plastic to the wall in order to obtain the aesthetic effect shown on page 4 of this catalogue.
7) Flowered Silk Effect: Add 0,100 LT. of SETOMAT to 1 LT. of VALSETIN (which should be the same colour as the existing coats), and 0,400 LT. of SETOMAT to 4 LT. of VALSETIN. As for the Wallpaper Silk Effect, apply the mixture of VALSETIN and SETOMAT to a smooth plastic surface (approximately 25 X 25 cm) using a brush or a roller. Use the PV 32 Sponge to decorate the VALSETIN and SETOMAT mixture that has been deposited on the plastic surface and then apply the plastic to the area to be decorated in order to obtain the aesthetic effect shown on page 4 of this catalogue.
8) Metallised Silk Effect: Apply two coats of VALSETIN using a spray machine, with 4 - 5 atmospheric pressure and a nozzle measuring approximately 1.7 - 2 in order to obtain the reflective effect shown on page 4 of this catalogue. Wait approximately two hours between the first and second applications of VALSETIN (the temperature should remain constant at 20°C).
N.B.: If the surfaces to be treated are hard to reach or if you wish to work more slowly, cover a smaller surface area. Furthermore, if VALSETIN is applied by two painters at the same time, one of them should apply the product while the other spreads it, in order to obtain the best aesthetic final result possible.
15 days after application, VALSETIN will have acquired its definitive properties and will have become breathable and washable. It may also be painted over using any type of water-based paint without having to be removed first.
VELGUM: VELGUM is a mat interior finish with a particular leather-tactile effect. It is applied by brush or roller or spray on a surface already decorated Apply two coatings on any surface already painted with Valsetin (any effect), Artecò 3, Artecò 7, Polistof, Rococò Range and any other paint well stuck, cleaned, without any grease and dust. Before starting VELGUM application on a whole surface, it is suggested to test the product on a small surface as it can modify the aesthetic effect and the hue of the paint underneath.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE:
9) Plaster of Paris, plasterboard, wood and painted iron. Clean the surface well and putty the parts needing repair. After is has dried, sand the surface to make it smooth. Next apply one coat of PRIMER 200 using a wool roller or a brush and after approximately 8 hours at a constant temperature of 20°C, begin the VALSETIN application cycle as detailed in points 1 and 2 above.
10) Weak or dusty supports needing repair. Sand the surfaces and remove all traces of paint, wash them using water and soda, and when the support is dry apply one coat of PRIMER 200. After approximately 6 hours at a constant temperature of 20°C, sand the surface and apply a second coat of PRIMER 200, again using a wool roller or a brush. Then continue with the VALSETIN application cycle as detailed in points 1 and 2 above.
11) New iron. Remove all traces of grease and apply one or more coats of WIKTOR rust preventer and after approximately 6 hours at a constant temperature of 20°C, begin the VALSETIN application cycle as detailed in points 1 and 2 above.
Specific Weight: 1,060 ± 30 g/LT. at 20°C.
Dilution: VALSETIN, PRIMER 200 and VELGUM are ready-to-use.
Coverage: VALSETIN approximately 1 LT. per 5 - 6 square metres; PRIMER approximately 1 LT. per 4 - 6 square metres; VELGUM about LT. 1 per 6 - 10 sqm (2 coatings on a decorated surface with VALSETIN).
Packaging: PRIMER 200 is available in 0,500 LT. and 2,5 LT. packs; VALSETIN is available in 1 LT. and 4 LT. packs; COLORI is available in 80 ML packs, for colouring both 1 LT. packs and 4 LT. packs of VALSETIN; SETOMAT is available in 0,100 LT. packs (for use with 1 LT. VALSETIN packs) and 0,400 LT. packs (for use with 4 LT. VALSETIN packs). VELGUM is available in packaging of LT. 1. All products should be mixed thoroughly before use.
Application temperature: no lower than +5°C and no higher than +30°C, away from direct sunlight.
Drying: dry after 2 to 4 hours at a temperature of 20°C. Hardens after 18 to 24 hours, according to the atmospheric temperature.
Product look: bright, silk-effect.
Strength: after the hardening process is complete, a transparent film develops which provides a high level of resistance to normal wear.
Washability: 15 days after application VALSETIN acquires its definitive properties and becomes breathable and washable.
Cleaning equipment: soap and water.
Storage: make sure the tin is tightly shut, even after use, at a temperature no lower than +5°C and no higher than +30°C.
Duration: approximately 2 years.
Non-flammable - Non-toxic - Does not require warning labels according to current regulations.
WARNING! VALSETIN is a product that is particularly sensitive to the way it is applied and it is therefore recommended that the work is started and completed by the same person, in order to avoid differences in effect and colour.
N.B.: The information provided here is, to the best of our knowledge, exact and accurate. We recommend that the complete application cycle is tested on a small wall first in order to ensure it is a success, after which the rest of the decoration procedure may be completed (check the decorative effects regularly as you proceed). However, considering that the conditions in which the products are used are not under our control, we will not be held liable for any recommendations or advice given. Shades may vary with respect to the catalogue, between 20% and 30% from one batch to another and it is therefore advisable to carry out a small test before commencing the work. The manufacturer and the distributor do not assume any responsibility for potential variations between batches or situations where the composition of the paint is hard to decipher. In case these batches are different, it is advisable to mix all the material in a large container before beginning the application process, in order to avoid differences in colour once the product has been applied.
In order to work quickly and to achieve the effects displayed in this catalogue, we recommend that only the equipment we have suggested is used.
Valpaint Wall Fashion
Discription: INTERIOR PAINT WITH METALLIC EFFECTS
Hover mouse on the left image to view more details of the
project. For any query, don't hesitate to contact us.